Overview: Queen City Forward (QCF) seeks a high-energy, passionate and innovative leader to serve as Executive Director. This is an opportunity to lead a local team, work with a strong, diverse board, develop and implement the strategic vision of a dynamic entrepreneurial organization for high social impact, and build cross collaboration with a network of change-makers throughout NC (i.e., among local and state foundations, governments, corporations and individuals) to ensure QCF’s success as an advocate, thought leader and enabler of Charlotte’s social entrepreneurial community.
QCF’s Executive Director will manage the operations and growth of Queen City Forward as it strives to encourage, enable, and scale high-impact sustainable enterprises that create enduring social change in Charlotte and beyond. The Executive Director will have a performance plan with articulated metrics and milestones that align with QCF’s vision and strategic plan. The Executive Director will report to QCF’s Board of Trustees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in an exceptional manner.
This list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Development and Promotion
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Drive the development and execution of a strategic fundraising plan complete with metrics and quantifiable goals.
- Build long term sustainability through individual and corporate giving initiatives.
- Engage alumni, staff, board, volunteers, and donors in supporting the mission and in creating a pipeline of partnerships.
- Oversee marketing and other communications to effectively promote QCF activities and events.
- Develop processes to address the following areas as they relate to revenue:
- Growth of corporate engagement
- Growth of grants and foundational support
- Effectiveness in seeking out PR opportunities and cultivating those media relationships
- Maximization of events, community engagements, and partnership opportunities
- Cultivate relationships key partners such as board members, government entities, investors, foundations and other funders, corporate entities, volunteers, other non-profit agencies, educational institutions and a variety of other constituents who support the work of QCF.
- Position QCF as a thought leader by maintain a working knowledge and communicating significant developments and trends in the field.
- Represent QCF programs and point of view to agencies, organizations, and the general public
- Act as the primary spokesperson for QCF during interviews, conferences and public speaking engagements.
Strategic Planning and Board Relations
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Fully inform the Board on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Conduct organization and legal correspondence in conjunction with the board members and designated offices.
Human Resources, Finance and Administration
- Financial Management
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Team/Staff Management
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Education, skills, and experience preferred:
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Proven skills in fund raising and financial management
- Deep knowledge of community needs and initiatives
- Strong relationships across public, private, and citizen sectors
- Passion for social entrepreneurship and systemic change
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and project implementation experience
- Start-up experience and know how
Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
All inquiries, applications and resumes should be sent to email@example.com. Applications should include a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume.